Saturday, December 5, 2009

Journal entry, November 16, 2009

Dear Sweetheart,

It turns out that today is our last day together before I place you with your parents. I hardly know what to say. I laid you down on my chest because you were crying a little this morning, which is rare because you have hardly cried since you've been here, and you fell asleep. I think you were soothed by my heart beat. I rubbed your back and kissed the top of your head for, what must have been, the thousandth time since you've been here. I sang you an Irish lullaby and you fell asleep in my arms and I kissed you some more. I kissed your tiny little hands and fingers, individually. I rubbed your legs, you like that, as I rubbed your perfect, little legs, you stretched out your feet and toes- it was so cute. I kissed your feet and toes. You still smell like earthy maple. Your skin is so soft. As you slept, I would trace your face with my fingertips. You like that, too. As I traced your face with my fingertips, you turned your beautiful little face up to mine and you slept so peacefully. You are so beautiful, baby boy.I then kissed your adorable little pixie nose and cherub-like squishy cheeks, and your perfect little chin and little rose-petal lips. And then I kissed your forehed again. I did this all day. I love you so much, baby boy. Remember that.

Love,

your birth mother

No comments:

Post a Comment