Sunday, July 18, 2010

[Untitled]

Love is safest
When it's kept
In the dark-
Hidden and unannounced,
Like half a thought
Lodged in your chest that
Bursts from your lips
Drenched in immediate
Regret.
When Love dies, it's
Hard to cry because that means
You have to
Feel. Numbness is
Holiness when Love's
Bliss no longer
Exists, which is why
I pray for Cold to
Take hold of my fire-
I wish for
Cold to snuff out my spark
And freeze my heart-
Let my heart's love
Bleed out and
Leave my soul without
Breath.
The sting of
Emptiness is better than the
Memory of broken chance and
Promises held at a distance.
Ignore me
And with your silence
Belittle my existence.
It's hard to exist in
Half-light and, darling,
We were bright, but
We were shadowed by a
Deception that
Stole us from Heaven-
We couldn't heal.
My love for you was real.
I no longer wish to
Feel.

Copyright Other Mother

No comments:

Post a Comment