Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I'm "Twitter"-pated...

Okay folks, it's official.  I'm tweetering... I'm a twitterer... I'm twittering...?  Whatever it's called, I feel old trying to talk about it.  Having said that, I would like to share with you all my vision.  I'm excited about this.  As you all know, or can tell, I love to write.  And I love to express myself.  I am my most honest when I write.  And writing is something I feel... drawn to.  Furthermore, I love talking about Open Adoption.  What does all of this have to do with anything?  One day, I want to write a book and this blog is the beginning of my voice.  One day, I want it to explode virally... I want it to go viral, however the proper way to say that is (clearly I don't speak tech-anese... that's to say, I'm no techy).  I want the world to know about Open Adoption and I want to share it through my experience.  Please, share this blog with anyone and everyone.  I'm not joking.  If you are standing in line at the grocery mart and 10 people ahead of you is a coupon-er (no judging here) and you know you are going to be there for a while and you want to strike up a conversation, start talking about Open Adoption, and share my blog.  I want communication.  I want those of you in the shadows to feel safe to come out from hiding and share your feelings with me about what adoption means to you.

I realize that probably a lot of you don't comment because I don't necessarily end my posts in a way that opens up the dialogue.  I'm going to work on doing that.  And I'm also going to start posing prompts as I think of them.  Twitter (I know the name at least) has an entire community on adoption and so I'm wanting to learn from people on there to see what the conversations are about and then I'm going to share this with all of you and we are going to dialogue about it.  I'm excited about this.

This life is about connection.  This life is about love.  This life is about loving and connecting.  We all hold adoption in a very special place in our hearts, so I'm asking you all to open up to me.  Don't be afraid to respond to the prompts.  I'm going to watch the comments and I'm going to filter them, and if I feel that someone is slamming someone else, I'm not going to post the response.  This is a safe zone, so let's get real with each other and open it up.  This is a dream of mine.  You know how you have those childhood dreams and then you grow up and life gets in the way and you end up becoming "something" for the sake of paying the bills and you forgot your dream?  Yeah, it took me a long time to figure out how to facilitate my dream.  I've always wanted peace.  I've always wanted people to feel loved and not forsaken.  I've always believed that we all have something to say.  I don't want to be a social worker because I get too emotionally involved and that wouldn't be healthy for me.  Yes, I'm pursuing education and I can't wait.  But ultimately, my dream is to connect with as many people as I can and share my story with them and have them share their stories with me and through this sharing, the world becomes more understanding.  So, help me out with that.

To start off the open dialogue.  If you have questions about anything relating to adoption (or not adoption, but something else) and you want it to be discussed, PLEASE leave me a comment on my most recent post and ask me about it.  And if you see someone ask a question and you have an answer to it, respond to them.  If you are on Twitter, let's find each other.  If I talk about something and I don't elaborate on it enough (hard to believe for this wordy one *pointing at self*) don't hesitate to push me on the topic.  This blog is as much for you as it is for me.  So, let's start communicating and let's grow the conversation on adoption.  This is an exciting time in history for adoption, it is opening up more and more each day and records are being made available when they weren't available before.  Let's help the progress along.  With a combined effort, I know we can do this.  So, share with me.  I open the blogging floor up to you.


My best regards,
Other Mother/Kathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment