Monday, November 15, 2010

Dear Sweetheart,

Dear Sweetheart,

You are now one year old. I can't believe that a year has already gone by. You share the same birth date with your adoptive mother and yesterday my family was invited to a birthday celebration for both you and your mom. It was a beautiful day and one I won't forget. You were a little under the weather and I could tell that your ear was hurting because you kept tugging on it, but you were still such a good baby. You are so good natured. You were still laughing and smiling. I got to cuddle you and give you a bottle. You are such a big boy! Your thighs are so roley-poley! Your cheeks were beautifully rosey and your voice is heavenly. I saw your sister hold you and you went to her naturally and I love that you love your sister. She loves you too, so very much. And, as for your brother, he thinks you are the funniest little guy in the world. You were making him laugh so hard and I can tell that the two of you are best friends. Seeing you with your family brought so much joy to my heart. What a beautiful and joyous day! A beautiful memory. You look so much like your daddy. You are a handsome little guy. You still don't have that much of a neck, but I love that you are so squishy. And as for your arms, well, I can tell they are thinning out a bit, but they are still very much deliciously plump. You are perfection. Everything about you exudes light. Even when you aren't your "best" self, you're light shines beautifully bright. I love you more than you will ever know, my darling. My mother and sisters were able to hold you as well and they adore you. They were beside themselves with your perfection. You are joy, personified. Child of my heart, you are loved by more people then you will ever remember. We love you for eternity.

Love,

your birth mother

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your little boy. I am happy that you were able to spend his birthday with him and his family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful first birthday. I am so happy that you and your family were able to go.

    ReplyDelete