Tuesday, May 18, 2010

My Mango

This post is going to be written in free-style as I'm finding it difficult to organize and grasp all that I want to say on this topic because there is so much I want to say about my Mango. I know you are confused and eventually what Mango is will make sense, but for right now, I'm just going to talk.

As you all know, Mango is a fruit, it's also a color, and it's a flavor. To some people, Mango epitomizes a season, it's an experience, and to other's Mango is something unknown. To me, Mango is exciting and feels me with joy, Mango is liberation and consistancy. Mango is comfort and makes me laugh. I am inspired to be my best for Mango... Mango inspires me. To me, Mango makes me feel powerful and capable of letting go of all that I'm scared of and holding on to. Mango is healing. And while Mango was completely unexpedcted, Mango is here and welcome to be here. Mango is light in the darkness. Mango is familiar and completely new. Mango is playful and also completely mature. To me, Mango is something sought after for so long and now found. I love Mango.

Mango is a man. That's not his name, of course, that's silly. Who would name their child Mango? Then again, there are some people out there naming their kids Apple, and Moonbeam... who am I to judge? I call him Mango because of something completely sentimental and that would have, in my past life, made me gag to hear, so I'll spare you the details, but he's my Mango and I'm his Kiwi. Mango is a guy I've known for a couple of years now. Our friendship has always been completely casual and nothing more than a friendship. Things never moved in the direction of dating because- well the timing sucked- everytime I was single, Mango was dating someone and everytime Mango was single, I was dating someone. We lost track of each other and recently came across each other again and things are completely different. I found that I was completely open and honest with him about everything that's occurred in my life since we lost track of each other and he was completely open and understanding and kind and respectful and sincerely sympathetic... and I was grateful for that because I've always liked Mango. In the two years I've known him, I've wanted to date him and trust me I have tried my darndest to get this guy's attention... turns out that what works best for him is complete honesty. Apparently, he always felt the same about me and we finally communicated that to one another. We are dating now and I couldn't be happier- he is like the sun bringing warmth and light back into my life. It feels good. It feels really good.

Mango is very talented. He is very musically inclined, he sings, plays the piano, plays the guitar, plays the cello... this guy is... wow, amazing. He knows how to do hair, which means maybe there is hope for mine after all, haha. He is absolutely hysterical and I love that he can always make me laugh. He's got this energy that is... beautiful and alive. He loves life. He is kind and open with his feelings which is so wonderful for someone like me. He's been through a lot in the last 5 years, but his ability to look towards the future with hope is, possibly, my favorite thing about him- though I have a lot of "favorites" about him. He is old school respectful. He asked my mom for her blessing to court me... he used the word "court"... that's adorable and I love it. He reads poetry, his favorite poet is Edgar Allen Poe. He reads... period. His favorite book is Jane Eyre. He's familiar with Russian poetry, something I'm barely starting to look into... and there is a rumor (spread by his best friend... we'll call her Beauty), anyway, there is a rumor spread by Beauty to me that he even speaks a little Russian... and that he is fluent in Spanish. He selflessly helps those he loves. If he sees someone in need and he is able to help them, he helps them. He is loyal and true. He is passionate about anything he undertakes and he makes me feel beautiful and I love that. I am one lucky girl. Mango surprises me and takes my breath away (in a good way) every single day.

3 comments:

  1. Mangoes are wonderful, aren't they? And YUMMY! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweetie, I am so happy for you! He sounds like a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mangoes are fantastic and yes he is a keeper. Thank you both for your support.

    ReplyDelete