Friday, April 2, 2010

Dear Sweetheart,

Dear Sweetheart,

I saw you today. Your parents, along with myself and my mother, all got together to see each other. It was the first time I've seen you since the hospital. You are more perfect than I could ever have imagined. You are so round! You really don't have a neck, or ankles... or wrists for that matter. Your thighs are squishy and round and your eyes are the brightest beauty I have ever seen. I was worried that I wouldn't know how to hold you anymore, but you still fit perfectly in my arms like we are the only pieces of a puzzle. You have the same crazy capillari in your right eyelid like I do, I was happy to see that. You have the same birth mark as I do and your laugh is... the music of my soul- my soul smiled at the sound of your laugh, it awoke at the sound of your laugh. Your cry completely captured my senses as it did the last time I heard it, when we were in the hospital. You are smiling now and your smile is the manifestation of joy... your smile reaches your eyes, it's breathtaking. I am in awe of you. You are happy and safe and, sweetheart, there are so many people who love you. What more could any mother hope for her child. You have everything I've ever wanted for you... and that makes me happy. I love you, Baby Boy. You are my life.

Love,

your birth mother

3 comments:

  1. I am happy you were able to visit; I hope that it wasn't too difficult for you. Have a good weekend -

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderful thing to do on Good Friday. I imagine it was a little hard to leave your little sweetheart again. I truly believe that children's laughter is the music of Heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy you were able to see him and hold him. Your arms will always know his shape. :)

    ReplyDelete