Sunday, January 10, 2010

Weekly Wisdom

Every Sunday I am going to post a quote for the upcoming week that I want to focus on. It's a weekly homework assignment that my personal trainer has given me. Every week I am to come up with a quote for that week. I am calling it my "Weekly Wisdom". This week's quote is something that has been on my mind.

"You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.' You must do the thing you think you cannot do."
-Eleanor Roosevelt

We've all had difficulties in our lives, but we've survived them and there is strength in this. When you become afraid that you will fail at something, or you start doubting yourself when faced with hardship, remember the struggles you've faced in the past and take heart from them that you are capable to work through the one you are facing now. God trusts us with the hardships he gives us and knowing this brings the greatest strength. If God trusts us with the trials he has given us, then we must also trust ourselves to survive them and to survive them well.

I am strength. And so are you.

No comments:

Post a Comment