Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Well, Looky Here

Dear reader: I keep doing this to you. I keep coming back and saying I'm back, disappear for a long time, and then come back and do it again. 

Would you believe me if I said I won't do it again? I hope you'll give me another chance. 

---

I'm a worrier. And for the longest time I thought this blog had to be solely about adoption. That I couldn't post anything else unless it related to adoption. 

The thing with adoption, though, and being a birth-mother is that it's always a part of you. I don't know if I necessarily need to hyper-focus on it, but it does color everything I do in my life.

And there is so much to catch you all up on.

I think we all know that a pandemic is still going on, and monkeypox is now making her debut worldwide because girl can't be overshadowed in the global-pandemic-world of things. All it takes is a brief perusal of the World Health Organizations website to make you realize that coffee never lets you down and the world feels like a massive sh*t-show right now. Inflation (general hand gesture to the left), housing market and rising mortgage rates (general hand gesture to the right). It's stressful and it's frustrating. And the pandemic changed a lot of us. And I think a lot of us are burnt out, but that doesn't mean life takes a break. 

This all sounds horrible depressing. And, it kind of is, but also I think the last few years has shown all of us that we are a hell of a lot stronger than we may have ever given ourselves credit for. And we are still here. I know we've all learned a lot and our perspectives have changed. I know mine has on so many things. 

And, so I'm back. And I hope you'll give me another chance. This blog is going to be about everything relevant to life, and yes, being a birth mother colors a lot of how I interpret and internalize things. And I'll talk about that here. 

I'll also talk about coffee and my favorite protein coffee recipe that I have *mastered.* Truly. I'll even post a video of it because it's beautiful. For real. Have you ever just watched dairy/almond milk/whatever alternative base you use slowly seep into the decadent and luscious richness that is coffee... over ice? It's ridiculously mesmerizing and I'm here for it.

I'm going to also talk about where things are at with my adoption story. Can you believe it's been 13 years this November? I've wrestled a lot with who I am as a birth mom, who I want to be to that little guy I placed for adoption, and if I want to be someone to him at all. And, that's going to be discussed here as well. 

Also, crisis of faith. Because that's a dame that really knows how to interrupt a person's entire concept of self. So, why not give her the state too? It's going to get deep. This is my journal and you have been with me every step of the way, dear reader. There will be breaks from the depth. We'll come up for air from that vast emotional ocean of the soul. But, I hope you'll continue on the journey with me and comment and keep the discussions going with me... maybe over coffee, or a coke, or whatever your caffeine of choice is. 

Kindly, 
Other Mother

No comments:

Post a Comment