Saturday, December 5, 2009

Journal entry, November 12, 2009

Dear Sweetheart,

It turns out that last night's escapade was not a false alarm, afterall. I drove to work today feeling exhausted, even after a wonderful night's rest. I was exhausted all morning at work and attributed it to the shot of medicine the night before. I went in to my appointment with the "baby" Doctor and it turns out I was ready to bring you into this world and you were more than ready to be here. My doctor sent me straight over to the hospital to be admitted. I had to call my work and tell them I wouldn't be returning today because I was having a baby. It is now 12 o'clock, noon, and I am laying in a hospital bed, hooked up to a ton of machines and listening to you on a monitor. You move so much! I can't help but laugh. Your movement is the most beautiful sound in the world to me, besides your heart beat, which is so strong it makes me happy. The nurse keeps coming in to re-situate your monitor because you move around so much, and it's making both of us laugh. I love you, my baby boy.

November 13, 2009

Baby Boy,

It is now midnight, morning of the 13th of November, 2009 and you still aren't here. I can still here you on the monitor. The sound of your heart beat is comforting to me because I know that you are alright. It's okay for you to take the time you need to get here because I love you and I don't want to rush you because my time with you is the most precious thing in the world to me. Take the time that you need, baby bot, and know that I will always love you.

Dear Sweetheart,

Happy birthday, Baby Boy! You were born at 5:21 a.m., by C-Section. You weigh six pounds, fifteen ounces, and are 18.5 inches long. You have so much black hair, and your cry is the most musical sound I've ever heard. You are an angel. You were in heaven only a couple of hours ago, and now you are here. You are perfect in every way and are healthy. You smell so sweet, like the earth and maple. You are beautiful, and you are here, and for 4 heavenly days, you are mine. I love you.

Love,

your birth mother

No comments:

Post a Comment