Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Dear Sweetheart,



Dear sweet little-man, baby boy.  Today you are 3 years old.  I can't believe it.  I still remember everything about you.  I had the wonderful opportunity to see you recently and you are spectacular!  There are no words to express effectively how mesmerized I am by you.  From the moment I met you to know, you have my heart completely.

You can be shy, but you are always a show-off, and in me, you have the most captive audience and you pick up on that very quickly.  Even though you missed out on a complete nap the day we saw each other, and you were clingy to your dad, it didn't take too long for you to warm up to me.  You were running all over the place and I loved watching your independence.  You are not afraid of the big slides.  I think you might be an adrenaline junky, and that makes me so happy because that means that you aren't phased by the idea of not being able to do "something", you'll try it and, from what I can tell, you excel at whatever "it" is.

It was fun playing with you.  I love your fist-pump when you are about to do something you want everyone to know about.  I love your victory dance when you know you've done a good job.  And I absolutely love your upbeat attitude at thinking you always win the game... even if that's not the case.  Your laughter is music.  Your voice is music.  The little way you talk melts my heart.  I'm the luckiest birth-mother in the world to know your light.  I love you with all my heart, baby boy.  I always will.  You are the child of my heart.

Sincerely,
Your birth mother

6 comments:

  1. Love love love! Happy Birthday sweet boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - how time flies by! I am so happy he is growing up into a strong little man. I hope everything is going well with school & work - I am sure you are most overwhelmed at times. So glad to have found you on Facebook...blogger is hard to keep up on sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, time really does go so fast! I am good. Work and school are definitely keeping me busy, but finals are a mere 4 weeks away, so I've got this :) I love seeing your updates on Facebook; it is so much easier to stay in contact on there. Thank you for stopping by KT :) I hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful testimony about a great kid! I love your unique and eloquent and completely observant and spot on "assessment" of this golden brown eyed boy. You are lucky to have one another. Thank you for sharing this on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm lucky to be able to "watch" him grow. Thank you for letting me share him on here. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete